“An impressive beer menu, a stellar atmosphere, and servers who know their stuff” — these are the key ingredients that set a great bar apart from an average one, according to CraftBeer.com.
The Brewers Association’s “website for beer lovers” recently polled its readers and asked them to nominate which of their local bars best displayed these qualities.
Nearly 7,000 votes were cast in December 2018, and on Thursday, the website published the results in its annual list of “Great American Beer Bars.” The list included one bar from each of the 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico. According to a press release, more than 30 percent of the bars are newcomers to the list.
“We’re excited to shine a spotlight on the beer bars who prominently feature U.S. craft breweries and create memorable beer experiences,” Jess Baker, CraftBeer.com editor in chief, said. “They are part of the awesome independent beer community we celebrate. Cheers to the winners on this year’s list.”
Here’s the list, so you can disagree with the nomination from your state. For full details on the bars that made the list, head over to the CraftBeer.com.
- Loosa Brews, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Prospectors Historic Pizzeria & Alehouse, Denali Park, Alaska
- Tap & Bottle, Tucson, Ariz.
- Flying Saucer, Little Rock, Ark.
- Crazy Harry’s Bar, Winnetka, Calif.
- Freshcraft, Denver, Colo.
- Willimantic Brewing Company, Willimantic, Conn.
- Henlopen City Oyster House, Rehoboth, Del.
- Oil Well Craft Beer, Ave Maria, Fla.
- Brick Store Pub, Decatur, Ga.
- Square Barrels, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Bittercreek Alehouse, Boise, Idaho.
- The Brass Tap – Orland Park, Orland Park, Ill.
- Deer Park Irish Pub, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- The Keg Stand, West Des Moines, Iowa
- The Anchor, Wichita, Kan.
- Holy Grale, Louisville, Ky.
- Avenue Pub, New Orleans, La.
- Craft Brew Underground, Portland, Maine
- Max’s Taphouse, Baltimore, Md.
- Armsby Abbey, Worcester, Mass.
- Brown Iron Brewhouse, Washington Township, Mich.
- Mankato Brewery, Mankato, Minn.
- The Porter, Hattiesburg, Miss.
- Friendship Brewing Company, Wentzville, Mo.
- Lewis & Clark Taproom, Helena, Mont.
- The Happy Raven, Lincoln, Neb.
- Pinon Bottle Co., Reno, Nev.
- New England’s Tap House Grille, Hooksett, N.H.
- Cloverleaf Tavern & Restaurant, Caldwell, N.J.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, N.M.
- The Owl Farm, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Craft Centric Taproom & Bottleshop, Arden, N.C.
- JL Beers, Fargo, N.D.
- Brewfontaine, Bellefontaine, Ohio
- McNellie’s Pub, Tulsa, Okla.
- Roscoe’s, Portland, Ore.
- Bulls Head Public House, Lititz, Pa.
- Taberna Boricua, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Norey’s Newport, Newport, R.I.
- The Craft Stand, Lancaster, S.C.
- Independent Ale House, Rapid City, S.D.
- Hops and Hollers, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Thistle DraftShop, Spring, Texas
- Beerhive Pub, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Blackback Pub, Waterbury, Vt.
- Harry’s Alehouse, Fredericksburg, Va.
- Ben’s Bottle Shop, Vancouver, Wash.
- BAHNHOF WVrsthaus & Biergarten, Huntington, W.Va.
- The Brass Tap, Greenfield,, Wisc.
- Black Tooth Brewing Co., Sheridan, Wy.
- ChurchKey, Washington, D.C.