Goose Island has announced the 2019 Bourbon County lineup of its famous bourbon barrel-aged stouts. Eight variants will once again take the stage, including seven stouts, and the return of one very special 2018 favorite. A collection of stouts will also make its debut.
Without further adieu, here are the Goose Island Bourbon County variants for 2019.
- Bourbon County Stout – The original Bourbon County Stout is aged in a mix of Heaven Hill, Buffalo Trace, and Wild Turkey bourbon barrels for 2019.
- Bourbon County Double Barrel Stout – Doubling down on time and barrels, this variant is aged for two years in two different Elijah Craig barrels. It’s first aged one year in 11-year-old Elijah Craig barrels, then aged another year in 12-year-old Elijah Craig barrels.
- 2-year Reserve Bourbon County Stout – This oak-forward variant is aged for two years in 11-year-old Knob Creek barrels.
- Reserve Rye Bourbon County Stout – Aged exclusively in Heaven Hill’s highly sought after Rittenhouse Rye barrels for unique spice.
- Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout – An “homage to variants of years past,” 2019 Proprietor’s melds coconut, cocoa nibs, vanilla, and toasted pecans for a brew “reminiscent of Tiramisu.”
- Bourbon County Wheatwine Ale – After a successful debut last year, Wheatwine returns, aged in Larceny wheated bourbon barrels for a softer flavor profile.
- Bourbon County Café de Olla Stout – Bourbon County Stout with Intelligentsia Coffee beans and cold brew, along with cassia bark, orange peel, and panela sugar.
- Bourbon County Mon Chéri Stout – Made with Balenton and Montmorency cherries, granola, oats, and brown sugar. This newcomer is, très romantique, a liquid love letter from brewer Quinn “to his wife who loves cherries,” according to a press release.
Additionally for 2019, Goose Island is introducing the Bourbon County Stout Vertical Collection, a set of 2017, 2018, and 2019 Bourbon County Stouts. Tasting multiple vintages side-by-side will allow fans to “enhance your understanding of how the taste of BCS changes over time,” Goose Island said in a press release.
As always, Goose Island Bourbon County will go on sale on Black Friday (November 29, 2019). Stay tuned for our 2019 Bourbon County ranking in the coming months.
The article Goose Island Announces 2019 Bourbon County Variants appeared first on VinePair.