Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th congressional district and social media personality better known to the Internet as “AOC,” impressed her Twitter followers on Monday morning with a list of “Cocktails for the Revolution” that defend the Green New Deal with a twist of humor and a dash of wisdom.
Prompted by author and political analyst Anand Giridharadas on Twitter, AOC came up with the following cocktails:
- World [Without] a #GreenNewDeal: a Bitter Dark N’ Stormy
- Clean Transport: an Aviation, but hold the crème de violette
- Bridges, Not Walls: a Mezcal Greyhound
- Paid Parental Leave: Mocktail Margarita
- Policy Failure: anything [with] Goldschläger
We think “Bridges, Not Walls” sounds especially refreshing.